Wednesday 8 January 2014

Going back to film or basics



When I found this camera body at Auckland Camera Centre's website I thought it would be way cheaper than a Nikon FX-format body to fit full-format Nikkor F mount lenses I owned. I had been using a Nikon D80 which has a smaller DX-format image sensor and thus could capture only a part of image my lenses produced. I thought it was good deal and bought it.

Nikon New FM2 is a manual focus, manual exposure 35mm-format film camera. That means quite classic and mechanical. You can take a picture even without a battery if you go without exposure metering. It is the kind of camera I started learning serious photography.

To be honest, I had not been bothered to take photographs actively before I got this camera. It reminded me of excitement of taking pictures. I found a nice photo lab who develops my films and burns into CDs. I pulled out my lenses to attached to it and enjoyed taking pictures with them.

Of course, it would be costly and unrealistic to go back to film totally. Fortunately, it is not a matter of "one or the other" and this camera brought me back my passion for digital photos, too. It is great to go back to basics sometimes to keep your enthusiasm alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment